This page contains administrative announcements by ISOC staff, including upcoming meetings and job openings.
JOB OPENINGS AT ISOC
Current job openings at ISOC are
- Islamic Weekend School Vice Principal
- Ramadan / Summer Intern
Job descriptions and application procedures are below.
Vice Principal – Islamic Weekend School
Work Location: Islamic Society of Orange County, Garden Grove, CA
Work Hours: 15-20 hours/week, part-time
Compensation: Depends on Experience
ISOC has an exciting career opportunity! We are seeking a Vice-Principal to manage and oversee the day-to-day operations of our Islamic Weekend School on Sundays. We have over 200 students and nearly 20 staff to support our IWS. Join us and contribute to the success of our children’s Islamic education.
- Manage the administrative office team to develop and implement the total school program
- Maintain the school schedule, calendar, registration and fees management
- Responsible for coordinating Professional Development for Teaching and Admin. Staff
- Communicate and carry out established policies
- Delegate and accept responsibility for completion of tasks
- Assist in the development and implementation of the school goals, objectives and mission
- Assist in the evaluation of the school program and performance of staff and initiate needed improvements
- Bachelor’s Degree with completion of a portion of K-16 education in the U.S.
- Two years of office management or operations experience required
- Literacy in Islamic subjects related to youth development
- Strong computer skills including typing, internet, email, Microsoft Office, and Google Drive
How to Apply:
Email resume to Jobs@isocmasjid.org
With your resume, please submit one paragraph per question below in a Word document:
1. Describe how your office management experience will support this role. Explain your role in working with other office staff and your daily goals in a similar position you have held.
2. Describe what steps you would take to enhance the current operations.
Deadline: Open until position filled
Ramadan / Summer Intern
Location: Islamic Society of Orange County, Garden Grove, CA
Duration: 6/15/2015 – 8/15/2015 (Flexible to end July 31st)
Compensation: Stipend available based on experience
The Islamic Society of Orange County (ISOC) is seeking one or more Ramadan/Summer interns to spend 7-9 weeks serving the Muslim community at the largest mosque in Southern California under the leadership and guidance of Dr. Muzammil Siddiqi.
Encompass but not limited to collaborating with Programs Committee, presenting classes/reminders, and holding weekly private sessions with Dr. Siddiqi. Visit www.isocmasjid.org for detailed description.
- Must be at least 21 years old and completed portion of K-12 education in the U.S.
- Must be currently enrolled in or recent graduate from a formal Islamic Studies program in the U.S.
- Must demonstrate an approach of comprehensiveness towards various Madhaheb/School of Thoughts.
- Must be driven, positive, organized, and punctual.
- Strong computer and public speaking skills and fluent in social media.
How to Apply:
- Email resume to Jobs@isocmasjid.org
- Email video clip or link of a class or khutba delivered by the applicant, including the date and location of video recording.
- Submit two letters of recommendations.
Deadline: May 30, 2015